Milton wrote:

> A question for helping out a friend: can you recommand a system to work
> with magnification? Thanks in advance.
> Milton

I am not sure how well compiz is supported, or if it is being
superseded, but I love the e-zoom feature.  With Mythbuntu LTS
(and a bit of configuration) holding down the Tux/Windows/Super
key and scrolling the mouse wheel puts the screen into a zoom
and pan mode.

Or, buy a bigger screen, and reconfigure everything to use
large fonts, large icons, large pointers, etc.  Sometimes
you can cheat and tell the computer that the screen is a
different size from what it really is - but things tend to
get messy when you do that.

--
blind Pete
Sig goes here...