Hi Luke,

Thank you your answer.
If I would like doing a custom live CD with containing custom a11y settings, not matter if both enabled the RUN_BRLTTY=yes and BRLTTY systemd service? What the better preference way? The Systemd service enabling or the RUN_BRLTTY=yes preference in live CD environment? During live CD boot enough to create in chroot environment a symbolic link the /usr/lib/systemd/system/brltty.service file to the /etc/systemd/system/sysinit.target.wants directory? I would like default enabling this service if this is possible.

My purpose is following:
if the Braille display is attached with USB and I understanding right your answer, not need enabling the RUN_BRLTTY=yes preference or the Systemd BRLTTY service, because udev detecting the USB braille displays. But, if the user attaching a serial port or a Bluetooth braille display or attaching a serial port braille display with an USB serial dongle and the display is configured the user with brltty.conf file, BRLTTY not starting automatically if not enabled the RUN_BRLTTY=yes preference or the systemd service.
Right my understanding?

Attila