Hi,

Maybe this will be of help:
in Ubuntu 16.04 I type in a terminal after the flash drive is inserted:
usb-creator-gtk

Milton

Op 06-08-16 om 19:01 schreef Glenn / Lenny:
Hi,
I have been trying several different programs including the DD command,
and either the program seems inaccessible with Orca, or I was not able
to place my image to be, into another drive.
I am running Ubuntu from a live version on an 8GB card.
I have a bootable USB 16GB thumb drive that I want to make into an ISO
image on /dev/sda2.
/dev/sda2 is where my old Ubuntu lives, and I cannot boot to, as grub
got messed up, and I just fixed the MBR so I could at least boot into
Windows on that system.
On a side note, I tried fixing GRUB with no luck, so I will just get a
larger drive and reinstall everything, and copy out  files from that
drive when I replace it.
In the meantime, if I do get GRUB working again, this making an ISO
image would be easier, because in one program I was using, it would only
allow me to make an ISO of the USB drive into a directory of this live
boot disk, which is only 8GB.
The boot disk I am wanting to make a copy of is /dev/sdb
So with DD, I tried:
sudo dd if=/dev/sdb of=/dev/sda2/home/Downloads
And I even tried it directly into /dev/sda2
and I tried all commands with giving the ISO a file name at the end,
like /dev/sda2/usb-image.iso
I tried it with acetoneiso and it gave me the same errors as DD did.
I tried k3b and genisoimage, and a couple others.
I would even write it to a folder on /sda1 if possible, which is an NTFS
partition.

Thanks for any ideas.
Glenn