Hi,
I downloaded Ubuntu 16.10 and used the Universal USB installer to put it onto
my 8GB thumbdrive for running on my NUC PPYH, with 8GB of RAM.
I first booted it on my Acer laptop that uses Windows 7, and it booted fine,
and I connected to my home WIFI and installed Voxin while it was on the laptop.
 I installed the Ubuntu with a 1 GB persistence file.
But when it boots up on the NUC, I get only a terminal.
I tried the command sudo startx and that does not boot the GUI.
The NUC was running Ubuntu 16.04, but the audio on that does not work, so I am
trying to use the latest Ubuntu to access the HD, and I hope to eventually
install 16.10 on the NUC.
Any ideas on how to get the GUI back?
I also tried:
sudo amixer set master 85%and I tried: