Hi,
I got a 1TB drive and I plan on replacing the small drive on my NUC PPYH.
On that computer, I have Windows 7 and Ubuntu, but the audio went out on that,
some might remember my efforts, so I'm planning on reinstalling Ubuntu when I
am done installing other operating systems.
So what I did earlier this year was to install a new copy of Windows 7.  Then I
upgraded to Windows 10 and did not like it.
But knowing that I will eventually have to use it for Windows, I used Ubuntu to
copy that partition on an SD card.
Then I reinstalled Windows 7, and that with the Ubuntu is what is there now.

So on this new drive, with my HD cable, I would like to first copy the windows
7 that is running now to the new drive and I'm wondering if it would be best to
use DD for this?
I think this action will make that large drive the same size as the partition
that Windows 7 is on, so I am wondering if Ubuntu will see the remainder as
free space and allow me to make more partitions?
Or are there better suggestions for all this?
Thanks.
Glenn