On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 09:55 pm, Nikolai Dunkel wrote:
> why dont we just do everything like they did on gnome-looks.org???
> theyve got everything perfect, and thats the quality of site most
> ubuntu artists are used to, as thats what everyone has been using up
> until now!!!!

I agree with this idea as well. The art-web content management system is not
as advanced, user friendly and powerful as the content management system used
by the gnome-look, kde-look, kde-apps, and so on. I've thought about
something similar actually before the announcement of art.ubuntu.com -
"ubuntu-look.org".

I think we could use art.ubuntu.com along with the gnome/kde-look.org CMS
(content management system), to not only develop and share art, but also to
easily announce competitions as well as draw impressive, high rated art to be
added into official releases of Ubuntu.

I really respect the work of all you guys so far whom have been involved with
the art.ubuntu.com process, especially by that of Henrik Nilsen Omma, however
I think we, as the Ubuntu art community should decide what CMS we should use,
no? I just began helping out at art.ubuntu.com with the art-web CMS to accept
submitted artwork, and so far it is a cumbersome process to accept any new
submissions, even simple things such as wallpapers. Of course room is open
for improvement of the art-web CMS, but should this be currently our primary
concern as the art community, or is there a possibility of using a more
advanced CMS, such as the one gnome-look.org currently uses?

What does the rest of the community think on this matter? Should we possibly
change the CMS for ease of use? What do the rest of you think?

Kind regards,
Pascal Klein

--
Cheerio.