There has been some photography talk on the list lately, so I thought I might as well throw my to cents in here to.

While good photography can provide really good backgrouns, they seldom cut it if they are used "raw" - ie. with out being reworked. Simply sticking a logo on a photo won't do it in most cases either (though there may be exceptions to this ofcourse).

I'm not saying that everything should be as heavily reworked as http://art.ubuntu.com/backgrounds/ubuntu/52, but a little touching up never hurst :-D

If there are photographers out there wanting to share their footage with the world they could be a great resource for the art team. Not that I have the time right now, but I would love to work on some quality photography :-D My own digital camera combined with my own photography skills is not exactly something that is bound to produce miracles if you get my drift ;-P

Cheers
Mikkel Kamstrup

Senectus . wrote:

Does the Ubuntu art group accept Photo submissions?

--
Ubuntu Breezy 5.10
CNet News.com: So that would be the philosophical difference between