Now that we're talking about fonts, I don't know if this is the right
place to propose it. I find the current default fonts in Ubuntu quite
ugly, not very sharp. My suggestion is to use the excellent Luxi font
family, that is freely available.
Check it's license:

http://www.xfree86.org/current/LICENSE11.html#34

I remember it came as default with Fedora Core about one or two years
ago. Being an art team, we should make sure our favorite OS looks
good, right? :D

2005/11/19, volvoguy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> On 11/17/05, Matthias Urlichs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Does anybody know of a reasonably-high-quality reasonably-lookalike font
> > for that thing?
>
> Are you referring to the Ubuntu logo font? If so, it's in universe,
> titled "ttf-ubuntu-title".
>
> --
> Aaron
>
> Ubuntu SVG Artwork - http://www.volvoguy.net/ubuntu