Eric Feliksik wrote:
Matthew East wrote:
Just to stick in two more cents, I agree with mpt: a logout dialogue
that needs explanatory text is _really_ doing something wrong. The
labels and the icons should be clear enough.

Matt

Ok, but then the real question is, then: Do you think it's clear, now? Do you think Aunt Tilly understands the difference between hibernation, shutdown and sleep? Logout and switch user?

It's fantasy to think that icons alone will convey the difference between hibernation and suspension. I enjoy that sort of commentary, but I also know we have to stay focused on the reality of user knowledge and insight. *I* was not even clear on this till recently.

So, +1 to the mockup with explanatory text, and let's see if there's time to get that added.

Mark