2006/5/9, Billy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I've updated the icons for the Silicon theme to an Ubuntu-tailored version of Tango-Aluminum, namely Tango-Silicon. The icons fall back to Human before of Tangerine (and then Tango) since the Human icons are more in style with the whole theme.

Screenie: http://grillbar.org/Silicon/Silicon.png

Theme (metacity+gtk): http://grillbar.org/Silicon/Silicon-0.4.tar.bz2

Icons: http://grillbar.org/Silicon/Tango-Silicon.tar.bz2

Wallpaper: http://grillbar.org/Silicon/ubuntu-silicon.png (put it in /usr/share/wallpapers for the theme to automagically pick it up)

Wiki: http://wiki.ubuntu.com/ArtworkTeam/Silicon

I would like to propose Silicon for Dapper inclusion. I feel that is complete and consistent, and will have a broad user base (roughly the ones that use the silver theme in Windows XP). Also, it is quite different in feel from the warm stock Human theme.

Cheers,
Mikkel
Is the wallpaper supposed to have the grainy, low quality effect in certain places? That's my only issue. I'm not good at making wallpapers so I don't know what else to say except it is something I could never stand to use on my desktop. I say that is a constructive way. If you need a screenie or futher explaination, say so.

Billy

Yes - the grainy effect is intentional. Graphite and silicon textures has this powderlike dryness to it, while still having a few reflections - if you know what I mean. I tried to copy that, but it proved to be extremely hard.

I might try to tweak it, when I have some "play-time" again...

Thanks for the feedback!

Cheers,
Mikkel

PS: What screen-res are you using? - And is at a lap- or desktop computer?