On Sat, 2006-05-27 at 14:20 -0700, Brian Burger wrote:
On 5/27/06, Billy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
It's also extremely slow. No one communicates through the wiki so I don't see what this will do for art. What features are useful? Mailing list is fine. Want more?..stick with  the wiki, or cancel the wiki and go launchpad or something. If the wiki still is not workable why spread out in ot other areas. Focus, focus, focus....one thing at a time. Then something might get done.

Having an art team entry in Launchpad is useful for bug reporting, if nothing else. The wiki is far more flexible for displaying draft artwork, brainstorming, and all the other stuff that goes on there.

I'm still wondering why we suddenly have two art team entries in LP now, though. I haven't bothered joining the second new one - as Dennis said, let's get the original entry sorted out instead...

LP has been very slow the last day or so, but it's not normally any slower than any other big website.

Brian

Yes, it is slower than usual right now but it is always slow for me.

It is extremly rare that artwork is the cause of any true bug. Last one I saw was a few years ago with pimap themes crashing Evolution, and that was easily and quickly fixed. Ubuntulooks, tango naming utils, svg libs, gtk-engines etc...are not ran through ubuntu-art so don't expect many true bug reports. Of course, people submit eye bug all the time based on personal opinion but those should be handled throught the mailing list or wiki. We don't need to invite people to report bugs where its extremely unlikely art is the cause.

If the voting code is fixed in lp by the time we need to vote on Edgy stuff I can see it useful for that.