Michiel Sikma wrote:
I don't understand why it is so pertinently important to keep Human in. In all objectivity, it's simply a suboptimal icon set when compared to Tango. I also don't see why any of the arguments that I have given have to be ignored. Like I stated, Human doesn't seem to follow any proper guidelines at all. If it does, then I would like to read their rationale for arbitrarily designing some icons from different angles.

I've got the greatest respect for Mark, but I do not see his rationale.

I would like Ubuntu to have a unique icon set. That meant creating one from scratch, not re-palette-ing an existing theme like Tango. If you like Tangerine or Tango then I would encourage you to use them and contribute to them yourself, but the default will remain Human until one of the other themes has reached the point that it is:

 * distinctively Ubuntu, not anything else
 * complete and world class

If you would like to help and improve Human, then please do! If not, please respect the decision and focus your work on other parts of the artwork that you yourself use.

Mark