Joao Inacio wrote:
- How much of this "ubuntu distinctiveness" is really needed on the
other included wallpapers (not default)?

Even though this i completely agree on the default wallpaper, from my
humble POV a few extra wallpapers that didnt quite follow the rules to
the point, but did a very good job at pleasing a user (like myself)
would only be welcome.
You're absolutely right - for non-default wallpapers we could relax this criterion. However, the number of wallpapers we can include on the installation CD is limited by space. I'm not sure, for example, if Dapper includes any non-default wallpapers.

Mark