On Fri, 2006-14-07 at 14:00 -0400, jmak wrote:
> These are some of my explorations in the direction of developing a new
> feel for the logo an gdm greeter screen for Xubuntu/edgy.
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/XubuntuEdgySpecs
> Please note that these artworks are still a work in progress.

Thank you immensely for taking the time to document your
work jmak!

It should go without saying that the works are unfinished -- in
fact -- it is far superior to have loose mock ups during a development
phase such as this.

Let's hope we manage to stimulate some more contributions on
the Proposal side.

Brief notes:
 * Chrome look is wonderful.  Mouse feels the need to
   homogenize to the look perhaps?  Chrome mouse tweak?
   Cleave from solid black mouse?  Ideas?
 * Logo version two offers subtle contrasts which help
   to elevate its appearance.  Very appealing.
 * Logon composition is centre punched.  Perhaps work towards
   a more classical distribution considering the weight
   of the rendered logon panel.
 * Is there a way to integrate the lovely chrome look with
   the wallpaper in some way to create a seamless feel?

Great work jmak!

Thanks again for taking the time.  If you wouldn't mind,
I am quite sure that your work would be welcome under the
"Artwork" section of the wiki for newcomers to examine.
Renaming the page is relatively painless, and the current
template for the artwork area shows subpages automatically.
The /Artwork/Incoming area has a good starting point if you
would like to establish an EdgyXubuntuProposals area?

Sincerely,
Troy