Hi Chuck,

On Jul 20, 2006, at 9:37 PM, Chuck Huber wrote:

Hi everyone,
where would I find detailed specs for artwork reqs?

For instance, is there required size for the login splash? If so where
would we find this information?  On the spec page under 'Design' it
mentions that the glassy look will carry forward but does not mention
whether general size and shape should as well.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Specs/ChangeLoginSplashImage

Indeed, having a page with all the current sizes, color depths, etc. might not be so bad. In general, the usplash has lots of limitations (there is a wiki page for that). I guess that the rest of it is all made for 1600x1200 with 24bit color. Posting the details somewhere might be helpfull :-)

I also noticed that there is a spec for ChangeLoginImage.  I guess
that's the page for a new GDM theme.  I wonder if we should change the
name to incorporate GDM to make finding it easier.  I think it would
also benefit by the addition of a few design details such as those
presented on the ChangeDesktopWallpapers page.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Specs/ChangeLoginImage
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Specs/ChangeDesktopWallpaper

I guess that we named them that way since that spec, and others like it or relevant for more than just GDM (KDM, XDM, etc.)

If in fact this is posted elsewhere, sorry for the disruption. :p

Nope, you are the first one to bring this up, good question :-)

Bye,
Ken

Chuck Huber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>