Viper550, the new usplash will be able to have more colors and a higher resolution if all goes well.
In edgy we now are able to set 800*600 resolution yet.
So theoretically the animated.gif should be possible !

I am really, really exited about that animated.gif !!

Cheers

2006/8/29, Viper550 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Michiel Sikma wrote:
> Or something like this:
>
> http://gamingw.net/pubaccess/28695/animated.gif
>
> Michiel
>
> Op 29-aug-2006, om 15:21 heeft PingunZ het volgende geschreven:
>

>> I hope so cause it was kinda ridiculous.
>> I once booted ubuntu next to a windows-user and he was kinda
>> kidding with the *ok* and *failed* text.
>> We really don't need a beginner-freaking-out-text, its not nice,
>> its not useful..
>> Just a nicebackground with a  throbber.
>>
>> Cheers PingunZ
>>
>> 2006/8/29, Michiel Sikma <[EMAIL PROTECTED] >: Yeah, wasn't it
>> one of the main art-related objectives of Edgy to get
>> that crappy text out of the distro's usplash?
>>
>> Michiel
>>
>> Op 29-aug-2006, om 15:13 heeft PingunZ het volgende geschreven:
>>

>>> Seriously, focus the usplash with a higher resolution and color
>>>
>> depth.
>>
>>> Cheers PingunZ

Nice, but that's 256 colors, do something similar using only 14 and I'll
be excited...

Viper550