On 9/12/06, qingjia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 21:23:54 +0800, Troy James Sobotka
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> >> JMak did an excellent job of this in his login screens. He kept the
> >> same brown or tan hue throughout and the background was a plain matte
> >> circular gradient like Dapper's login.
>
>    100% agree.  JMak's design is the best I've ever seen. It's bloody
> amazing and sexy. It would be perfect if JMak's design could be adopted by
> Ubuntu.

Personally, and though i love the design itself, i don't find the dark
brown colors that enjoyable. I mean... the screens look good but i
simply can't imagine myself actually using a gdm theme with dark brown
colors.

My POV is from a simple user and i don't have any "art" knowledge, but
imho many users will agree with this.

Still, it's amazing the work that's been done and i'll be extremely
happy to see the final results!

--
João Inácio
http://www.jcinacio.com