On Tue, 2006-26-09 at 11:38 +0200, Julian Oliver wrote:
> ..on Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 01:13:29PM +0200, Andreas Haller wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > i just saw the new Wallpaper for Edgy Knot3
> > (http://www.ubuntu.com/testing/knot3) and wanted to tell you that the
> > "cross" on the left side reminded me of the windows logo.
>
> i agree. i didn't see it at first, but my wife did, and pointed it out.
> now it's there i can't shake it ;)

I think there is possibly some validity in this.

It was purely an attempt to address some of the
monochromatic issues with the palette.  In doing
so, the expanded palette is slightly more forgiving
to the colour palette issues in the rest of the
distribution.

That said, it also attempted to avoid being too
much of a motif and create more issues.

Ultimately, what Ubuntu requires are a good set
of motifs to utilize in all of the design work.
The colour ripple _is not_ optimal by any stretch
of the imagination, but should be considered a
baby step in design issues.

I firmly believe that we can attain this level of
professional design with further dedication.

Sincerely,
TJS