Hi,
just wanted to add that i think the Tango icon would, or does
(http://tango.freedesktop.org/static/cvs/tango-icon-theme/16x16/apps/system-software-update.png)
 not work on a small size.
I also think the metaphor of the Tango icon is not optimal. I like the
"recycle-arrows", but i am afraid that some people could misinterprete
the "internet-metaphor" (globe to a cable) with something concerning
their internet connection. Something like "you are online" or some
internet-settings things..
I have to say that i am used to the small orange "a new star is
born"-icon (good metaphor (?)).
Maybe a combination of the "recycle-arrows" and the clear visible layout
of the current icon would be worth trying.

bye,
andi