On 7/27/07, Kenneth Wimer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Friday 27 July 2007 22:50:40 Justin Blau wrote:
> > What type of backgrounds are you guys looking for, photographs,
> completely
> > digital artwork, photomanipulation, or all of them?
>
> Anything, basically. Naturally all pixmaps need to be large enough to
> accomodate the normal sizes - since you mention wide screen I guess you
> are
> on the right road there.
>
> One important point to note is that the colors used in the default pic
> need to
> be something along the lines of brown. Look at the previous artwork to get
> an
> idea of what is needed. In any case, we can include any pic which is nice
> enough it just won't be default.

I like the idea of including a few different backgrounds to give some
choice. Regarding color pallete, see
http://www.unfocusedbrain.com/projects/match_color/

I don't have that version of Photoshop, so can't use the exact technique
outlined, but that sort of thing should be doable in just about any good
graphics program if you know the program well.

Something of note: It won't look super to have three background images all
sharing the exact same color pallete. Some variety would be good. (however,
all should be harmonious with the Ubuntu color pallete)

--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode