On Nov 21, 2007 8:03 PM, Carlos Moreno <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> titon barua wrote:
> > Hi ppl, i know it's like flamming but i would really like to ask
> > suttleworth why did he choose gnome, not kde as default(i'm aware abt
> > kubuntu)? With upcoming kde4, i think ubuntu should default kde
>
> I think it should not --- and thank all gods that it is not.
>
> Not sure if KDE4 will make me change my opinion/view
> about it, but from what I've seen so far, KDE is as bad
> and as bloated/non-functional as it gets.  Almost as bad
> as Windows, if not worse...
>
> Carlos

Carlos has a point, although I'm not sure I'd have worded it quite so
strong -- I know there are plenty of happy KDE users, as there are
Windows users. Having said that, I loaded the Xubuntu LiveCD for the
first time yesterday [I was curious] and have to admit that I
personally wasn't impressed. I didn't find it as user friendly as
GNOME and it did seem to feature lots of foreign [to me at least]
applications. I think the GNOME desktop has a better naming convention
and is better suited as the default desktop...

...I could probably ramble on for ages on this topic, but I'll leave it there.

Peace.

Philip