  From: Matthew Nuzum
  To: Discussion on Ubuntu artwork
  Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2007 5:46 PM
  Subject: [ubuntu-art] Choosing color palettes

  On Dec 20, 2007 6:57 AM, Cory K. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

    Andrew Laignel wrote:
    > Adobe provide an amazing resource for creating and picking colour
    > palettes at http://kuler.adobe.com/ Just typing 'brown' into the search
    > box gets some quite nice pre-made selections for colourschemes.  It's
    > Flash 9 only though :(

  Very nice.

    Troy showed me this one:
    http://www.wellstyled.com/tools/colorscheme2/index-en.html

  This one isn't as nice but it does have the "contrast" option for a color
theme.

  I was researching this subject last week and came across this:
  http://jrm.cc/color-palette-generator/

  You upload an image and it generates a color palette based on the colors of
the image. Seems very useful.

  Googling for "color theory" should return some informative results on how
this is done. Still, I've seen artists do this by eye and come up with
spectacular results that make any auto-generated theme look calculated and
mathematical.

  --
  Matthew Nuzum
  newz2000 on freenode