Interesting, it appears to simply scale the image down to a 3x3px image (or
optionally 5x5, 7x7). Look at the duck or landscape 11 pictures. This
probably isn't the best technique for creating a pallet. In essence, you
could recreate the application with a bit of python code...

>>> import Image
>>> im = Image.open("attackhamster.jpg")
>>> print im.size
(800, 600)
>>> size = 3,3
>>> im.thumbnail(size)
>>> for pixel in list(im.getdata()):
...     print "#%02x%02x%02x" % pixel
#030400
#030303
#060503
#030303
#070508
#fdc087
#0f1b4f
#895a3c
#936858
>>> colors = im.getcolors()
>>> colors.sort(reverse=True)
>>> for count,color in colors:
...     print "#%02x%02x%02x x%d" %(color[0],color[1],color[2],count)
#030303 x2
#fdc087 x1
#936858 x1
#895a3c x1
#0f1b4f x1
#070508 x1
#060503 x1
#030400 x1

It would probably be better to use the 9x9 and then pick one or two colors
and use them as a base to generate a pallet from one of the other tools.

hmm... that attackhamster.jpg does produce a very nice color pallet

On Dec 20, 2007 11:53 AM, momo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  http://www.wellstyled.com/tools/colorscheme2/index-en.html
> This one has a selector that shifts a color scheme in the way some people
> with color perception problems will see it. Very useful.
>
> http://jrm.cc/color-palette-generator/
> I think the most important use of this one is that you can generate a
> palette from a wallpaper picture. That will ensure that the wallpaper will
> fit well to the color scheme.
>
> Molumen

Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode