Yeh I see what you are saying, if I remember rightly you can indeed bind
shortcuts (involving the windows (or "super") key to locking and other
things though I have a feeling they are bound to other things by default (if
at all). I wasn't necessarily suggesting not having the functionality (it is
something KDE has which can be very valuable), but I don't feel that using
it over having the currently well organized menu is a good idea.