В 13:57 -0400 на 29.04.2008 (вт), Cory K. написа:
> Sumit Agarwal wrote:
> > Anyone got any estimates on CPU/GPU usage if we finagled it
> through
> > Compiz?
>
> As I said in a previous post about this, that would require taking
> away
> handling of the wallpaper from Nautilus. On the surface this sounds
> like
> a much more complex task then we need to take on or are even capable
> of
> doing.
>
> I really say we just nix this idea for now and have people keep an eye
> out over this next cycle to see if things improve.
>
> -Cory \m/

> Dana said:
>
> I've actually taken a look at that feature; after I first saw it in
> Fedora 8 and 9 (beta at the time), I've been 'dying' to see the same
> feature in Ubuntu.  It turns out that the XML slideshow wallpaper
> feature from Fedora has been pushed upstream, so now it exists in
> Gnome
> 2.22, and thus Ubuntu (Hardy); there just isn't any artwork using it.
> However, this feature is static, in that it responds only to time
> changes, and not to season or weather changes.
>
> If you search for 'slideshow' on gnome-look, you get a few results:
> http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Tree+Slideshow+Wallpaper+for
> +Fedora?content=74639
> http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php/DebianBlue+(Animated
> +Slideshow)?content=75289
> http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Debian-Bling+(Animated
> +Slideshow)?content=75293
> -- note: this one is more of an example of "what not to do!"
> Some of the wallpapers from vladstudio.com also work decently well
> with
> these XML files.
>
> This feature can be very cool if done right, but it definitely needs
> good artwork to go with it.

Hello everyone,

Right now I'm testing the first link Dana proposed and I could say It's
just brilliant. It works and the CPU is near zero % (it may use the
GPU). The transition from the one to the other image goes smoothly like
this img1:90%, img2:10% ; img1:80%, img2:20% and so on. Thus when
transitioning from sunset to midnight the image goes from pure gradient
to gradient with slowly appearing stars and then colors changing. It's
beautiful. But there is one problem here - it is probably made for
another time of the year and the sunset is "coming" when outside is
light (I suppose we could fix this with proper time intervals and a tool
that modifies the files each month or so).

Another interesting idea I had today is that we can change the
perspective of the  pictures and thus having smth like a virtual walk in
the jungle for example :)

Anton