On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 2:02 PM, Álvaro Medina Ballester <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I think that this is because english is not my language, I still don't
> know what does "top posting" means. I do always the same I did to post,
> reply at gmail or from Apple Mail.
>
> You should consider that if I've always posted this way I don't know if
> I'm doing something bad, so this is the reason why I haven't asked anybody
> what "top posting" means. Now it seems that I'm doing that, so please
> explain what it means.
>
> Anyway, I don't think that I should be stupid for that.
>
> --
> Álvaro.
> --

Ok, so you are using GMail, as I am, so we use to keep all previous mails at
the bottom, because the way GMail does it is cool (between GMail users). It
folds everything that has been told previously and only displays "- Show
quoted text -". But for other people, they see aaall the discussion after
what you are saying
(see<https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-art/2008-April/005731.html>).
So if you quote people top-posting and people bottom posting... you are
quoting a big mess in non-chronological order...
So in mailling lists, we have to quote only the little bit we are replying
to, and reply below it.

--
Yann Dìnendal