> I've made a newer version of New Wave that has darker taskbar and window
> handlers. I've also added a small gradient for the menubars so that they
> look as if they are in the back. Also changed border thickness and color
> esp. for François. To be honest I liked better the old one.
>
> old:
> http://img180.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=33720_NewWave_test_02_122_484lo.jpg
>
> new:
> http://img28.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=88676_NewWave_test_03_122_1054lo.jpg
>

>> 2. Why fg/bg[ACTIVE] doesn't work for the menubar? Is it the engine's
>> fault?
>>

> I mean ... can I color the File menu element on the titlebar in gray
> just like the main menu? I think Who can help?
>
> What version of the theme do you like more? The darker with thinner
> borders or the greyish with bigger borders?
>
> Anton

Hi Anton!

Nice work, this new version begins to have a nice look! Just an idea: do
you think it would be possible to put a shadow only under the active
window? That would make it really different from the others, "on top" of
everything (like when you pick a paper among a big bunch of papers on
your desk, and lift it up to read it).

I don't like the color for the selected element in the menu - a lil' too
pink for me - but I don't have any other idea yet...

Also, I find the top bar merged with the menubar on inactive windows
quite classy. Do you think we could give it a try for active windows?
And then we could try making inactive windows as "neutral" as possible
-- i.e. like they didn't have any volume -- with the menubar, the topbar
and the rest of the window all attached together with the same color (a
bit like on the mockup I made, but with the menubar in addition). To go
into details, it could also be nice to make the thin line around
inactive windows a little less black, more gray.

That's all for the moment!

Cheers,

François