From: Kenneth Wimer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Discussion on Ubuntu artwork <ubuntu-art@lists.ubuntu.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 2, 2008 6:44:41 AM
Subject: Re: [ubuntu-art] Suggestion for more wallpapers -- Re: Whats Up with
This?

On Wednesday 02 July 2008 05:07:37 Brian Fleeger wrote:
> Ravindra makes a good point -- each release should have a better selection
> of alternate wallpapers.  I posted a bunch of open source photographs a few
> days back on the "Desktop Background Submissions" page, all taken from the
> WikiMedia site.  I selected each of them for their inherent mixture of
> brown with other lively colors (reds, blues, yellows, etc).  Incidentally,
> they would all look good with the dark theme in Alpha 1, or New Wave (the
> next heir apparent).  Though I include the link to the web sources below
> each photo, the links don't display properly and are only viewable by going
> into "edit" mode in the wiki.  I hope the art team will consider including
> them, or at least the idea of encouraging open source photography in
> general. Regards,
> Brian Fleeger

Until now the biggest problem with getting more pics in has been the size of
the CD image. In Hardy we included one extra pic and I was hoping on
including one or two more this time as well.

I'd also like to go through the gnome themes and remove all the older,
outdated ones and include some nicer, newer stuff...perhaps that would be a
subject on which everyone could vote.

--
Ken