On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 6:55 AM, Cory K. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>> Hi guys. I'm new here, but I just wanted to share a great concept that
>> I found for ubuntu.
>> First of all, this design got the front page on Digg, so it's really a
>> great concept. you can check it out at
>> http://willwill100.deviantart.com/art/Interpid-Ibex-Mockup-Part-2-93584910.
>> I hope the art team can find some inspiration from this design. I know
>> I did!
>>
>> Regards,
>> Mike
>
> Wow. Why don't we just use OSX or Windows?

Because they're not open source, cost significant money and not
Ubuntu? Seriously though, the hate for things that resembles OSX
simply because they resemble OSX is getting old and is basically an
argument for the status quo.  The status quo is somewhere north of
MacOS 9, I think.

Intrepid is the perfect time to try out new themes and UI -- the last
release was an LTS so people wary of retraining have something else to
fall back on, and we'll have the largest amount of time possible for
feedback and testing.

Justin Dugger