On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 11:19 AM, Michael <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I don't exactly understand what you mean by flat icons are tricky to
> implement.

There are a ton of icons. If you just want to make a subtle change you
can re-use the icons from another theme, but if you want to make a
radical change (like flat icons) then you need to make a bunch. This
takes a lot of ambition and a motivated *team* if you want to get it
done in a short time.

>  Just
> wondering, who makes the decision of what gets packaged into the Ubuntu
> ship?

Don't set your goal to be a theme that ships with Ubuntu. Set your
goal to be a theme - or better, a theme that anyone can easily install
and use. If you want to do it get started and ask for assistance when
you get stuck. Some people on this list will help you overcome the
hurdle and you can move on to the next one.

The reason I say this is because the requirements for being included
on the CD are currently a moving target and poorly defined. (the only
thing we know is that Mark has to like it) Your chances of hitting it
are slim and you'll get frustrated and discouraged and give up.

However, the goal of creating a theme is absolutely achievable. You
can accomplish this. Aim for excellence and in so doing, you may come
up with something good enough to be included in the distro. But even
if you don't get on the cd at least you achieved your task and joined
the elite few who have tasted such glory.

--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode