I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but i've been trying to
think of ways to get new, better themes into Ubuntu. What i mean is, every
release, we see beautiful mockups, but nothing ever comes of it. I think
something needs to change so that these mockups have a chance of getting
worked on. If not this, i think something should be done differently to
address this problem-- it doesn't matter what. My idea is simply that after
every LTS release, a mockup is voted on to work on for the next LTS release,
giving plenty of time to work on it. Is this reasonable? Would this work?