Hi!

While the theme team process seems to work very well now, I think we
could do better. My allies and I would like to push things towards a
solid design process.

One that starts with the question what it actually is what we want to
achieve, what our message is and who we are addressing. Goals we can
agree on and that will lead us through the design, helping us to
collaborate in a larger team in a meaningful way.

A process that will lead us out of the shadows of purely personal
opinion and hidden assumptions towards the light of reason.

A process where we will not jump unto the first idea, but develop and
test several designs for each little part. Where we will not restart on
the next cycle, but build upon the existing. Continuous refinement.

One that will offer anyone a chance to learn about design in a deeper
way and that will show onlookers that we are damn serious while we enjoy
the ride!

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/KyudoGuidelines

Please read through it carefully. As you can see, it is by no means
complete. That's where you come in! All content, all questions and
suggestions can be discussed right here. Consider to start new threads
for specifics. Tell us how you think and feel about this!

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software:
http://thorwil.wordpress.com/