> On Tuesday 07 October 2008 22:14:37 Thorsten Wilms wrote:
>> On Fri, 2008-10-03 at 12:10 +0200, Thorsten Wilms wrote:
>> > Agostino Russo (xivulon) is in need of a replacement for the heron on
>> > http://www.wubi-installer.org/
>> >
>> > While an Ibex would be acceptable, it might be better to have
>> something
>> > more creative that doesn't need to be changed for every release.
>> >
>> > Please keep his address in the CC field, if you have something to
>> offer
>> > here :)
>>
>> So, as no idea besides using Rico's ibex came up, here's a quick
>> photo-mashup to show the idea of a Window to an African landscape.
>>
>> http://thorwil.wordpress.com/files/2008/10/wubi_concept_01.jpg
>>
>> Images used:
>> Window from http://www.flickr.com/photos/mnadi/34012604/ by mnadi,
>> http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.0/
>>
>> Landscape from
>> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:African_landscape.jpg by Tjeerd
>> Wiersma, http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/
>>

>> I will readily admit that this isn't overly original. I will be happy to
>> see other ideas or even someone picking this one and running with it. I
>> will not start actual realisation before I hear an OK from Agostino and
>> not before the weekend in any case :)
>
> To be honest, I like the idea. It gets the point across. One thing I would
> suggest would be to use a more sunnier field like view out the window
> (something more like the XP bg).

I have to say, I don't like the idea. One of the main wubi tasks is to
show to the user that he can leave the world of windows. And normally, you
are leaving using doors, not windows. The picture of the window makes me
feel that I am somewhere where I can't leave the room, even if there is
beautiful landscape outside.
So exactly the oposite of that what wubi should actually do.

Vit Svarc