Ryan Prior wrote:
> I don't think we can give up on the Ubuntu logo here -- it's far too iconic
> and it's used in other parts of the icon set to boot. If you want to try
> putting a big button around it like the K in KDE, I'd be happy to see
> something like that; but the Ubuntu logo has a distinct and recognizable
> shape, and that's a very good thing for an icon to have IMO. No big
> bland-looking (however shiny) circle just can stack up to that.

I'm open to *all* ideas here.

While I agree it's iconic, it's not needed to say "Ubuntu" IMO. It's a
design vs. brand recognition choice. It's something I'm willing to let
the quality of submissions decide. Right now, no proposed Ubuntu logos
have been up to snuff.

My original one was just based on the Oxygen "O" that is used in their
"start-here" image. So while the set is used for KDE (much like Breathe
hopefully will be used for Ubuntu) Oxygen still has it's own little
branding. ;)

--
-Cory K.

  .-.\m/