2009/3/31 Kenneth Wimer <kw...@ubuntu.com>:
> On Tuesday 31 March 2009 12:05:31 Tibault Damman wrote:
>> On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 10:44, Thorsten Wilms <t...@freenet.de> wrote:
>> > It seems the "pink for girls, blue for boys" is a rather new convention.
>> > Some claim it was reversed at some point, while other say there simply
>> > wasn't a convention for a long time.
>
> Actually, historically speaking, pink was for baby boys and blue for girls
> in America as well. In time it changed but you still see lots of men wearing
> pink shirts.

I'm wearing a pink shirt now as a matter of fact.

I know some women/girls. I'm willing to do some research on the
matter. The problem is that this is indeed very cultural so my results
in central USA may not be indicative of what's found in other parts of
the world. However, USA and Western Europe are very big "markets" for
Ubuntu (not sure what the free software equivalent to a business
market is) so we should be able to make some good ground from my
testing.

Fortunately since the themes in Jaunty can have their colours adjusted
it should be easy to do some ad-hoc testing. I'll start with some of
the colours from the "Ubuntu Intrepid" palette that Ken posted a year
ago.

--
Matthew Nuzum