On Sun, 2009-04-19 at 12:52 -0400, Cory K. wrote:

> 1. Clearing out the current LP art team and starting from zero. Closing
> it and making it a moderated team.

Agreed.

> 2. The current mailing list will be a discussion list and the new list
> (already waiting in the wings) be for LP team members only.
>
>     This would mostly be a name change. Everyone on the "ubuntu-art"
>     list would stay as-is the list would just rename to
>     "ubuntu-art-discuss". The new list would be "ubuntu-art-devel".
>     /Maybe/ the need to have "community" put in there somewhere. Up for
>     debate. And the latter list like I said would be for approved
>     members of the LP team.

This is a bit tricky. What do we want?
 * Focused discussion (no unfounded one-liners, participants have to
have a clue)
 * A certain level of quality in artwork submissions
 * Proper email etiquette for efficiency
 * A chance that other designers at Canonical join in
 * Be open for newcomers, if they are willing and able to work on our
level or to improve until that is the case.

For all but the last, I would propose to keep one only-members-can-post
list. Making it moderated would provide a point-of-entry, but then we
need moderators.

What I don't want is to have one list for serious business, while still
having to deal with a noisy one. If all of the "inside" group would
retreat from a still wide open list, that would mean all others can
entertain themselves getting nowhere. Not fair and what a waste.

> 3. Formation of a 5-person (or so) art council to be made up of
> currently trusted members.
>
>     Pretty much self-explanatory. I would propose: (and this is just off
>     the top of my head. don't feel slighted if I don't list you)
>
>         * Kenneth Wimer - Our Canonical contact and generally smart dude.
>         * Thorsten Wilms - Great command of design theory and good
>           documentation skills.
>         * Jonathan Austin - Great artist. (if he's up to it)
>
>         (just a quick list. I'm sure there's more)

I'd take an official role as long as real life doesn't interfere. I
don't expect it to make much difference. Meritocracy and all ... and
editing the wiki, nobody stopping me ;)

Kenneth decides.

--
Thorsten Wilms