On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 5:00 PM, Cory K.<coryis...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Andrew wrote:
>> Hi Cory,
>>
>> Sorry I meant the ppa, what you are assuming is that everyone will know how
>> to take the debian
>> packaging branch and create a package out of that, many people may not know
>> how to do this (I have
>> certainly just learned) and so I believe it is better to include the script
>> as then people who
>> don't know the in and outs of packaging can get the bleeding edge icons.
>
> Building the packaging branch (with bzr-buildpackage) is no more
> difficult than running the script. I'll put up a HOWTO soon.
>

> -Cory K.

Other Andrew here...

Perhaps, more generally, the PPA should be updated more often. Weekly
builds? Nightly seems an overkill.

Attached are two different scripts I threw together.

Both are designed to run from within the packaging branch with the
script one directory bellow (e.g. f...@bar:~breathe/debian-packaging$
../foobar.sh ).They also assume that you are setup for building deb
packages (e.g. you have DEBMAIL and DEBFULLNAME in your ~/.bashrc) and
 that you have a breathe-ppa target in your ~/.dput.cf

They both update the branch, build the source package with an
appropriate version number (e.g.
breathe-icon-theme_0.44ubuntu1+bzr50~intrepid ), and upload to the
PPA.

bzr-build.sh targets only one distro which you must specify when you run it.

bzr-build-all.sh targets karmic, jaunty, intrepid, and hardy all at once.

They're both pretty simple. Check them out, and let me know if you
think they're helpful. If so, I'd be willing to make them more robust
(better error handling, ect).

One thing to be aware of is that they both run "bzr revert" before
building the packages in order to not upload any uncommited changes.
So if you've made any changes to the branch commit them before
running...

- Andrew Starr-Bochicchio