On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 7:28 PM, Cory K.<coryis...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Andrew SB wrote:

>>> Building the packaging branch (with bzr-buildpackage) is no more
>>> difficult than running the script. I'll put up a HOWTO soon.
>>>

>> Other Andrew here...
>>
>> Perhaps, more generally, the PPA should be updated more often. Weekly
>> builds? Nightly seems an overkill.
>>
>> Attached are two different scripts I threw together.
>>
>> Both are designed to run from within the packaging branch with the
>> script one directory bellow (e.g. f...@bar:~breathe/debian-packaging$
>> ../foobar.sh ).They also assume that you are setup for building deb
>> packages (e.g. you have DEBMAIL and DEBFULLNAME in your ~/.bashrc) and
>>  that you have a breathe-ppa target in your ~/.dput.cf
>>
>> They both update the branch, build the source package with an
>> appropriate version number (e.g.
>> breathe-icon-theme_0.44ubuntu1+bzr50~intrepid ), and upload to the
>> PPA.
>>
>> bzr-build.sh targets only one distro which you must specify when you run it.
>>
>> bzr-build-all.sh targets karmic, jaunty, intrepid, and hardy all at once.
>>
>> They're both pretty simple. Check them out, and let me know if you
>> think they're helpful. If so, I'd be willing to make them more robust
>> (better error handling, ect).
>>
>> One thing to be aware of is that they both run "bzr revert" before
>> building the packages in order to not upload any uncommited changes.
>> So if you've made any changes to the branch commit them before
>> running...
>>

> Oh cool. I'll have a look over this and get it running on my home server
> (it runs Hardy. hope its not an issue) as a cron. (might be 2 weeks or
> so. I have *alot* going on)
>
> Though now that I think, I'll have to make sure it does something with
> the versioning automagically.

They do.  The thing to do is use dpkg-parsechangelog and bzr revno.

They use something along the line of this to get the version:

DVERSION=`(dpkg-parsechangelog | grep Version: | cut -d' ' -f2-)`
REV=`bzr revno`

dch --newversion $DVERSION"+bzr"$REV"~"$DISTRO

It basically gets the last real version number from the
debian/changelog then append the bzr revision and target distro.

- Andrew