I use Flickr and for the most part I am happy with how it works. I discovered
large images are cropped to 1024x768 and this may be a problem if we are
going to use Flickr for wallpaper submissions (2650x1920).

I assume this restriction is removed if you purchase a "pro" subscription.
Although $24.95 is not a lot of money it raises all kinds of physiological
questions about open source, free, community support, etc.

Some may question why the wiki is not good enough.

My question is the desired role of Flickr for the Ubuntu ArtTeam?

:)