pew_from_hobart wrote:
 > [ warning: this is a long message ;-))) ]
 >
 > Hello Fellow Australian UBUNTU Users,
 >
 > forwarded below is a message which I have sent to Melissa Draper. I
 > chose Melissa because she is one of the few ppl I could find on the
 > Australian UBUNTU website e.g.
 >
 > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MelissaDraper

The mailing list (which I note you found) is better than me alone, I am
but one person. The list will likely liven up later when people are not
at work.

 > I'm having some problems with UBUNTU ... however I still think that it
 > is much better that Micro$oft Windows.

It's better to just email a description of your problems to the mailing
list, rather than saying you have problems and waiting for someone to
have the time to coax them out of you. In the FOSS community a popular
saying is 'Don't ask to ask, just ask'

 > You can also find me chatting with MSN Messenger details:
 >
 > email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 > MSN Messenger name: Peter_from_Hobart
 >
 > Actually I'm using "Pidgin Internet Messenger" chat program.
 >
 > Or you can chat (typing) with me with ICQ.
 > My ICQ # is: 156413284

<snip>

 > What I would really like is to have some kind of network of fellow
 > UBUNTU users so that we could meet for a coffee or whatever and help
 > each other out.
 >
 > I have also been a member of the Hobart PC Group Inc (and I intend to
 > re-join shortly).
 >
 > I have sent a message to the Tasmanian Linux User Group Inc -- several
 > days ago... but so far I have not received a reply to that message.

Some mailing lists are quieter than others. Just be patient, and maybe
try asking questions about your problem outright.

 > I don't drive so I rely on public transport (buses and taxis) or lifts
 > with friends.

<snip personal info>

--
Sincerely