Hi,

I have eeeXubuntu installed to the 4GB solid state drive on my eeePC,
with /home and swap on a 4GB SDHC card, which is referenced
in /etc/fstab.

The trouble is that when I restart/shutdown the SDHC card doesn't get
unmounted cleanly, as reported by fsck during the startup messages.

I've tried adding 'umount /dev/sdb1' to both /etc/init.d/umountfs
and /etc/default/halt, without success. I also tried turning /home into
a symlink to the SDHC card, mounted as /media/sdhc in /etc/fstab, also
without success.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem, while still having the SDHC
card remain permanently in its slot?

Thanks.