On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 21:01:22 +1100, "Les Gray"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
> Hi,
>
> I have eeeXubuntu installed to the 4GB solid state drive on my eeePC,
> with /home and swap on a 4GB SDHC card, which is referenced in
> /etc/fstab.
>
> The trouble is that when I restart/shutdown the SDHC card doesn't get
> unmounted cleanly, as reported by fsck during the startup messages.
>
> I've tried adding 'umount /dev/sdb1' to both /etc/init.d/umountfs and
> /etc/default/halt, without success. I also tried turning /home into a
> symlink to the SDHC card, mounted as /media/sdhc in /etc/fstab, also
> without success.
>
> Does anyone know how to solve this problem, while still having the
> SDHC card remain permanently in its slot?
>
> Thanks.

Les,

I have a slightly different setup to you but have not had the unmounting
issue. As the eeePC belongs to the missus I am not allow to "break it"
so I installed eeeXubuntu to a SD card, with only GRUB being installed
on the solid state drive. I leave the SD in permanently, the only
difference my wife notices is a 1 second GRUB message at bootup, then it
goes to the default ASUS/Xandros distro.

Here is my fstab if that helps:
#
proc            /proc           proc    defaults        0       0
# /dev/sdb1
UUID=c15a6727-7cd4-43b8-bb25-ffd019b5a95c /               ext3
defaults,noatime,errors=remount-
ro 0       1
# /dev/sdb5
UUID=88a85d29-17b2-477f-9fc8-d8984b3110f5 none            swap
sw              0       0
# /dev/sdc1       /media/cdrom0   udf,iso9660 user,noauto,exec 0       0
--
Mark M Lambert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>