Hi Victor,

Yes.. this helps.

Windows has 'helpfully' reinstalled your 'Master Boot Record' on it's
first disk. Unfortunately what it has reinstalled is not correct.

(I'm not exactly sure why this would be the case, but if the Windows
install took a copy of this data when it was first installed, it may
have just been blank anyway.. if the disk was originally unformatted.)

There was an option to the MSDOS fdisk tool,  /mbr which allowed the
boor sector to be rewritten/reset, but I don't know how that works
with windows these days.

.. plus you should'nt need to worry about this.

Grub needs to be re-installed.

If you can boot from the Ubuntu disk again... you can fix the install
with something like the following:
- Bring up a command line console/terminal
-  mount the '/dev/sdb1' (ubuntu partition)
   # mkdir /mnt/ubuntu; mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt/ubuntu

- Re-install grub
  # cd /mnt/ubuntu
  # chroot .
  # grub-install
  # exit

This should re-install GRUB on your hard drives boot sector again.
(The 'chroot .' step above allows you to run commands from your system
as if you were directly booted into it. The 'grub-install' step is the
only one that can cause issues.. but it can't mess up your system any
more than it currently is..  eg. it won't delete any of your files.)

Cheers,
Paul