Owen Townend wrote:

On 21/04/2008, *David Hoole* <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    Hi all,

    Is it just me or is there a problem with iiNets ftp server with
    downloading the Ubuntu isos?

    ftp://ftp.iinet.net.au/linux/ubuntu-cd-images/8.04/

    I get a 'no such file or directory error 550' when trying to get the
    i385 desktop iso at

ftp://ftp.iinet.net.au/linux/ubuntu-cd-images/8.04/ubuntu-8.04-rc-desktop-i386.iso

    I have sent an email to iiNet but no idea how long it will take
    but was
    wondering if anyone else was having this issue.

    Cheers.

Hey,
  I only see the amd64 alternate disk available at:
  http://ftp.iinet.net.au/pub/ubuntu-releases/hardy/
  All of the various disks were available for the beta release,
I downloaded a few to test on my new hardware. It may just be
a matter of time before they get their mirror up to date.
  They have also been having issues with their fileserver lately.
The ftp site was down for a while last week, maybe they had to restore
from backups taken before the rc release. If this is the case then
your email should be a reminder to update.

cheers,
Owen.

Ah thanks for the link, I've been using the ftp:// to see whats there and the same amount of entries are there, just with 'rc' instead of the betas. I guess the files are still being added, I'll check the http:// one later and from now on to see whats new.

Cheers,
Dave