Hello,

I've spent the weekend trying to find a way to upgrade 7.10 to 8.04 with
no luck.

When I run it from Update manager, the process starts and I get a box
"Distribution Upgrade" the little status bar gets all the way with
Preparing to Upgrade and stops, and that's it, nothing.  I've left it
running for hours, but nothing happens, I have to restart the system to
get rid of the upgrade box.  (I can't see which system process it is to
stop it)

I've downloaded the alternate CD to give that a go, but same result.

I've tried to run in from the terminal using apt-get dist-upgrade, but
no luck there either.

So, I'm ready to just start all over again - but before I do, does
anyone have any ideas?

Thanks heaps.

g.