Hello Ubuntu-Australia ppl,

{ I apologize for waffling on (below) however I figured that I was best for
me to supply too much info rather than not enough. }

I have a PDF file (eg an Adobe Portable Document Format) file which I
authored quite a long time ago... back when I was using M$ Windows XP Home
Edition as my Operating System. I now wish to edit the PDF file, however I
don't know where the source document is, or whether I even HAVE the source
file. From memory, the file was written using Micro$oft Word, and probably
printed with PDF995 (M$ Windows print driver which creates PDF documents). [
eg PDF995 is available from the website www.pdf995.com ]

The file is called "piffle_forever.pdf" and is 16 A4 pages in length and
also contains embedded colour images. I want to keep all of the formatting
and images etc. However what I do want to do is change the text of a URL on
page 5 of the book, to reflect that the "Piffle Page" Url is different to
that currently in the document.

I attempted to open the pdf file with "Scribus 1.3.3.11" however I get the
following error message:

FATAL ERROR
The /home/user/Desktop/piffle_forever.pdf is not in an acceptable format.
[OK] { button }

The Fatal Error message appears to be a Scribus error message and not a
Ubuntu error.

If you ( anyone ) would like to try to change this PDF or attempt to edit
it, I will tell you where you can download is from:

Some of the text on page 5 of the document is as follows:

        Piffle the Cat first published in Dreaming of Dreaming,
                       by Peter E. Williams, 1999.
The Piffle webpage is http://members.fortunecity.com/pew/piffle.html

e.g I want the last line (above) to read:

The Piffle webpage is http://pewtas.googlepages.com/thepifflepage

I you go to http://pewtas.googlepages.com/thepifflepage and go to the bottom
of the page, you will see a HTML table with 2 columns. In the left-hand
column is the URL for the document:
piffle_forever.pdf <http://pewtas.googlepages.com/piffle_forever.pdf> ---
this is the PDF document which I am referring to.
Download the *PIFFLE FOREVER* Book in PDF format (Adobe Portable Document
Format).and in the right-hand column is the File Size: 830 Kilobytes

---------------

To summarize, can someone please help me to change the text in my PDF
document. Note that I have the PDF file but not the source M$ Word file used
to create it. Also, I no longer use M$ Windows XP Home Editon OS... My
system is purely Hardy Heron OS.

I look forward to replies.

--
Fond Regards,
Peter Eric (aka 'pew') WILLIAMS

My free website is:
http://pewtas.googlepages.com (or) http://tinyurl.com/yuyejs

(please visit my free website and let me know what you think about it.)