Hi Sridhar and fellow Australian Ubuntu users,

Firstly, Sridhar, I'd like to thank you for your supportive and informative
emails and giving me good advice on what to try.

The Good News is that I *found the source file* -- it was a Micro$oft Word
format document which I had authored in Sept 2005 (which I knew from the
document's filename), and it was saved on my system without me realizing
that it was saved. I examined the properties of the PDF file I had and that
told me the title of my M$ Word document. A quick search and it was found...
lurking in a sub-directory of my Home directory.

The main work remaining for my document was to replace the crappy M$ Windows
Fonts with Linux Ubuntu fonts -- which is easy compared to the PDF
extracting dramas which I was thinking I'd need to do, if I did not find the
original document.

Thank you again for all your help!

Fond Regards,
            PEW

--
Fond Regards,
Peter Eric (aka 'pew') WILLIAMS

My free website is:
http://pewtas.googlepages.com (or) http://tinyurl.com/yuyejs

(please visit my free website and let me know what you think about it.)