Hi Ubuntu Australian ppl,

2008/7/27 Peter Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Hi All,
>
> I'm trying to run a Python script to generate a Sitemap for my Googlepages
> website.
>
> I'm attempting to follow the instruction on this html page:
>

> https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/docs/en/sitemap-generator.html#execute
>
> but I don't really know what I'm doing!
>
> I have opened a Root Terminal and do a cd into the folder containing the
> Python script generating code. I have also edited the xml file and saved it
> as "pewtas_googlepages.xml".
>
> Can someone please be kind enough to help me run the python command which
> will (I think) generate a Sitemap for my googlepages website.
>

> http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=34654&topic=13452#rss
>
> https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/docs/en/sitemap-generator.html

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/home/user# cd Sitemap_generator
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/home/user/Sitemap_generator# python sitemap_gen.py
--config=http://pewtas.googlepages.xml
Reading configuration file: http://pewtas.googlepages.xml
[ERROR] Cannot read configuration file: http://pewtas.googlepages.xml
Configuration file errors -- exiting.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/home/user/Sitemap_generator# python sitemap_gen.py
--config=http://pewtas.googlepages.com/pewtas.googlepages.xml
Reading configuration file:
http://pewtas.googlepages.com/pewtas.googlepages.xml
[ERROR] Unrecognized tag in the configuration: html
[ERROR] Unrecognized tag in the configuration: head
[ERROR] Unrecognized tag in the configuration: meta
[ERROR] Unrecognized tag in the configuration: style
[ERROR] Unrecognized tag in the configuration: title
[ERROR] XML error in the config file (line 11, column 48): mismatched tag
Configuration file errors -- exiting.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/home/user/Sitemap_generator#

Can someone please help me, as I really want to generate a Sitemap for my
website, however, I don't know how to program in Python... so I'm getting
lost ;-(

--
Fond Regards,
Peter Eric (aka 'pew') WILLIAMS

My free website is:
http://pewtas.googlepages.com (or) http://tinyurl.com/yuyejs

(please visit my free website and let me know what you think about it.)