Sorry to read that your Canon printer cannot print envelopes in Ubuntu.

The Canon LBP 3000 is listed as having limited functionality in Linux (see
Linuxprinting.org).

<hint>
I have 3 Hewlett Packard printers and all of them are fully functional in
Ubuntu.
</hint>

Although seemingly a rather drastic suggestion, when your ink or toner runs
out, consider replacing your printer.  Often, the cost of ink or toner are
close to the negotiable replacement cost of the whole machine.

Cheers,
Andre