For some time now I have been (dangerously!) putting off backing up my
8.04 system.  There is much chatter on the Internet about the various
"best methods". I think I have settled on Simply Backup which I have now
installed.  It seems to have all the elements that suit me.

Simply Backup all goes well to the point of pressing the "backup now"
button and the "A backup run is initiated. The process id is xxxx "
message is displayed. After that, there is no sign of activity - that I
can see.  I presume that it is working in the background.  Though it
doesn't present a time line or any other message to say where or what is
going on.  I don't know if/when it is done.

I would very much like to hear from any users of Simply Backup of their
experiences using this product:

1. What do I do after the "A backup run is initiated. . . ." message?
2. Does it work reliably?
3. Is there a better product/process?
4. Any other comments?

Dave W